The Ischial Weight Bearing Prosthesis (I.W.P.) also popularly known as Interim Prosthesis (IP) is an ideal product for many amputees.
- The I.W.P. or I.P. is an early fitting prosthesis that is prefabricated and totally adjustable.
- The prosthesis can be fit the first post-operative day, to several weeks later for delayed healing amputations.
- The prosthesis enables full weight bearing on the ischial tuberosity and thigh area, while bypassing the weight around the amputation during ambulation.
- Bail locking knee joints permit stability during ambulation, and a trigger release near the hip allows the knee joints to unlock for sitting.
- The I.W.P. can be fit to below knee, above knee and knee disarticulation amputations.
- The I.W.P. can be used with various types of wound care under a foam protective dressing. The foam can be placed over an ace bandage, compressive shrinker or a sterile dressing.
- The prosthesis can also be used with a rigid removable dressing.
- The I.W.P. incorporates a quadrilateral socket which is adjustable in both the anterior to posterior and medial to lateral directions. The socket comes in a small and regular size.
- Safe and effective to use on amputations with healing failures, open wounds or guillotine amputations.
- Hospitalization for both the acute care and rehabilitation stay is dramatically shortened, thereby reducing hospital costs.
The I.W.P provides great advantages to many patients. Consult your healthcare professional or Hope about the Ischial Weight Bearing Prosthesis.